Did Anyone Watch Nightline Last Night?

I did not see the show but it sounds like a book I just finished reading, "Shadow of the Sentinel" by Warren Getler and Bob Brewer. It is a about a group of Confederates called the Knights of the Golden Circle. And how before and after the War of Northern Aggression ended they started hiding money all around the south and south west US. It ties in the Masons, Jesse James, the lost dutchman mine, the Knights Templar and a few other things. Really interesting stuff. The caches that are buried with the money are all found based on these very cryptic maps and markers on stones and trees as well as topo maps from the time plus a lot of working out the puzzle sort of stuff.

I kept thinking when I was reading it if anyone had ever come across any of these symbols in the wild. It would seem that some areas in some ways are still guarded to some degree. I know it all sounds real strange and way over the top but the guy was successful in finding some of these buried caches based on the clues he was able to put together.

I saw nightline, neat story, it deals with the legend of the Knights of the Golden Cross, the guy has found a few things and may have some insight on where/if the gold might be hidden. The book that is being published about him is called "Rebel Gold", the author is a reporter for one of the more credible cable channels.

I just looked this book up on Amazon. It looks like the same book I mentioned above. I am not sure I am seeing the difference one is called: Shadow of the Sentinel: One Man's Quest to Find the Hidden Treasure of the Confederacy the other Rebel Gold : One Man's Quest to Crack the Code Behind the Secret Treasure of the Confederacy same others. Rebel Gold is paperback the other is hardcover. The description for both looks the same to me. I don't know what that is all about.

So it does look like the same guy. But it was an interesting read and how this guy put some of the clues together is a whole story. The book I read left it that he was sure he found the spot for a large cache of gold but left it because there was a family connection to it. Hey whatever.

And just a correction it is the Knights of the Golden Circle.