Mapsend Limiting Upload Size?

Fudd

OK I have a Magellan Map 330, I've loaded the smaller basemap but now when I try to upload a region from Mapsend Streets that is over 7.5 megs it says the file is too large for the GPS. I figure I should have at least 13 megs free. I tried loading two regions one 7 megs, one 6 megs but the second upload deleted the first one. Any tricks or ideas? I have the NAB1.10 basemap, firmware 4.0 and mapsend streets 1.1

Thanks

For a Meridian or SporTrak you can change this value by editing the mapsend.ini file:

With the 3.08 version of the Meridian firmware, size restrictions on the size of map files have been removed. However, the existing MapSend software does not know this, and will try to restrict the size of maps unless told otherwise.

First, using Windows Explorer, navigate to the MapSend installation directory. This should be under C:\Program Files\Magellan. Open the MAPSEND.INI file using your favorite text editor. Inside this file, there is a parameter called "Conv_Memory_Size" which is the maximum region size in bytes. Multiply this number by four, and you should be able to have much larger regions. If this line does not exist, then add the following line (case sensitive) under the [Device Defaults] section:

Conv_Memory_Size=65536

Note that the larger the region is, the longer your computer will take to process this region. Processing a 64MB region is likely to take a very long time.

Source: Magellan Meridian FAQ

I don't know if this works for a 330 too.

Cornix

The limit Cornix describes governs region creation, not region upload. It's already several times past the limit of a 330, so that's not it.

There's a weirdness in the Magellan firmware where sometimes a serial upload of a region doesn't account that upload will replace, not append to, the map memory contents.

My solution for this was to make the tiniest region possible (oceans work well for this) and upload that. It would always fit and would always crater map memory so I could then upload the big region I really wanted to upload.