Topo Software: Garmin Vs Magellan??

ubievol

I own both so maybe I can help. It appears that the Garmin software has slightly more detailed information on canals etc. They both display all the roads, but the Magellan displays the names of the road you are traveling on and the next road you are approaching. At least thats the way it works on my SporTrak Pro. The Magellan seems to take up less memory for the same size maps. I don't think either one is enough better than the other to base purchasing a GPS on.

I have noticed some roads listed as unnamed roads, but I have seen this few times with my other Magellan software, most of these have been roads the were more like service roads in parks, what I found very unusual while looking for a cache in a cemetery, the little roads in the cemetery had street names and these names were displayed on my Magellan Meridian while using Direct route. Any other cemetery I had been in displayed them as unnamed roads.