New Cache Approval

The Walking Man

I know, I know - this has been asked and answered many times for other new geocachers. But I'll risk asking it one more time. I submitted my first cache for approval 10 days ago. It is marked as active and when I pull up the cache page it states that "This cache has not been approved. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a not for this listing."

The cache is a multi and I have tried to anticipate questions from the reviewer about the locations of the intermediate stages and final cache, etc. and put these in the log for the reviewer. I have checked the logs and there have been no responses.

Can I be sure that I am in queue for approval? :anibad:

If you can see the page and its not archived, its in the queue. Its possible that there are issues with your cache, so admins often skip those and do the easy ones before going back to the "problem" caches.

Is any stage of your cache in an area that requires permission, or bans geocaching? If its the former, did you get permission?

Are there any trigger words in your description that might concern the admin? Words like "buried", or mention of certain banned items among the original contents will cause your cache to be denied.

Is this your first hide? Though they may not admit it, admins will give caches submitted by newbie hiders additional scrutiny. Its also possible that your admin is on vacation, or busy with other things and will catch up ASAP. These guys are volunteers and have other lives.

Edited by briansnat