Missing Tb, Last Seen With User "muddyfeet"

Nazgul

Anyone know "muddyfeet"? They seem to be from Montana. They don't have a lot of finds but have finds in several different states so they get around.

According to their cache log, they picked up one of my TBs from the "A Bridge Too Far" cache on 7/20 but never properly grabbed the TB on the site. It's never re-appered anywhere and they haven't responded to the three emails I've sent them via the site.

This TB ("Recon Ranger") was made from a toy soldier I found in a cache near where Army Ranger (and former NFL player) Pat Tillman grew up in the Almaden area of San Jose, on the day that I heard he had been killed in Afghanistan. Of all my TBs, this is the one I cared about most and I'm pretty irritated about the whole thing. :ph34r:

If anyone knows the "muddyfeet" person(s) I would appreciate it if you could use some thumbscrews on them or something and find out what the deal is.

You don't say if, or how, you tried to contact them, but from personal experiance with both the PM feature of the forum and the e-mail feature in the site, both can be a little funky.

Still, if you haven't tried both you probably should.

One other thing I thought about is if you are using the e-mail feature, and for some reason the e-mail address they are using is being intercepted as 'spam' by either their mail client or their ISP, they may not be seeing the messages...that's why I'd at least try the PM feature.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but thought I'd throw it out anyway. :D

Actually I did mention the if and how... In my original post I wrote that I had tried the site email feature three times.

I share the same concern about spam filtering, although presumably they should allow groundpseak emails (which is how they are marked, not as being from an individual user) through to validate their account and so on. There's just not much I can do about it if Groundspeak emails are being filtered out.

I haven't tried the forum PM, which is a good idea. I don't have much hope for it though as they don't have any forum posts of their own and I know that a large percentage of geocachers never come to the forums. It's worth a shot though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

They grabbed and dropped TBs without logging them on the site when they started, and they did it quite a bit. They seem to have handled TBs properly after a certain point, so it may be that they'd dropped it elsewhere without logging it, and that no one else has retrieved it yet. There's at least one cache where they were the last to visit. So there's also a chance that the problem could resolve itself. But an answer from them would be nice.........

(edit: added to last paragraph)

Edited by Team Nazgul

I think we should give people the benifit of the doubt, Ive had a TB for about 2 months now, I picked it up in Afghanistan and had every intenition of moveing it when I got back, but my GPS quit working and they are not cheap to get fixed, but the good news is I missed a DHL delivery on Friday and I belive that was my little friend. So with any luck I will be back at it by wensday. Any way I could be wrong maybe the kept it, but I like to belive in people.

I've had people hold my TBs for a long time, which wasn't that big a deal. It's that combined with the fact that they took it without logging it properly, made no proper drop (if they have dropped it), made no mention of dropping it, have not responded to three emails via the site, and haven't responded to a forum PM. Lastly, they've made no attempt to contact me, or to post a note or correction to the TB's page.

I like to believe in people and give the benefit of the doubt as well, but the fact remains that they're not doing several things that they could/should be doing.

I'm "cautiously optimistic" that they have in fact dropped it elsewhere and just didn't log it, and that they're not keeping it for themselves or whatever. Really, I'd just like to know what's going on with the TB, hence this thread.

And I remain irritated. :D

Good luck with the GPSr, and much more importantly than an MIA TB, welcome back home fro Afghanistan and THANK YOU!

I think we should give people the benifit of the doubt, Ive had a TB for about 2 months now, I picked it up in Afghanistan and had every intenition of moveing it when I got back, but my GPS quit working and they are not cheap to get fixed, but the good news is I missed a DHL delivery on Friday and I belive that was my little friend. So with any luck I will be back at it by wensday. Any way I could be wrong maybe the kept it, but I like to belive in people.

From Afghanistan!.... I think you get a pass.

Welcome back.

-t-

atleast they even sign in on the site. I had on picked up from what i believe an active cacher, well the name they signed the log book with doesn't correspond to a username on the site. only a note in the logbook.

they grabbed my bug 2 days after i dropped it off nearly 3 months ago, hopefully they dropped it and a bug logger will find it some day.