Explorist 14 Channel

bwilson_nc

I was wondering if the use of 14 signals in the eXplorist device is enough to outway the fact that it does not have a data connection. I am trying to find the best deal for ~150 and was swaying between the following:

eXplorist 200

iFinder

Gold or SporTrak

Some of the things I am using in my consideration is the following and was wondering if people could comment

eXplorist - cheap and 14 channel usage (How would the working software be upgraded?)

iFinder - could use it to add Topo data and can use extra storage with MMC/SD card

Gold/SporTrak - data connection like iFinder but also seems to support DGPS Ready ( Is this necessary)

Any help in this matter would be greatly apprciated!

Brad

No way.

I seldom ever fill all 12 slots on a 12 channel. The lack of a cable would drive me nuts long before I ever saw the 14 channels in use, with a lock.

You would do sell do drop the Explorist from your list. I've heard good things about the iFinder, and Magellan owners speak well of their GPS (especially the Gold).

You will notice Magellan and Gamrin users get each other crap, but they both Diss Cobra. Glad it's not on your list.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I have a Magellan Gold, Sport trak map. Forget the Explorist, without the data terminal in my book it would a paper weight. I would recomend the Magellan Gold and you can get a data card at costco at a very good price. If you are on a budget, radio shack has the sport track map on clearance to $169.99 and Magellan has a $30.00 rebate on their web site. At a final price of $139.99, that is a very good deal.