Muggled Or Inexperience

amytincan

went out today, I was really really really close. I found something that didn't belong there and I looked inside. The clues lined up right , the gps lined up right.

What I think the cache was, was empty. This thing I found didn't belong there, it was obvious to me. THere was a bouncy ball nearby. The last person who found it was Oct. 2 The cache is well maintained too. I really think I found the cache for a variety of reasons, but it would post a spoiler if I got specific.

How would you be able to tell if it were muggled without having to wait for the owner? He's probably out having fun right now.

How would you be able to tell if it were muggled without having to wait for the owner? He's probably out having fun right now.

Unless someone posted a photo of the cache container, or the owner or someone else in a log described it as a "Green altoids tin with magnets on the back" you won't really know until you do hear from the owner.

So email them and wait.

All experience will do for you is give you better idea that you found what's left of the cache.

Maybe you can compare the location to spoilers from the cache page or eariler logs. Some (most I hope) should be labeled on the outside to let you know its a cache. A few may even have the name of the cache on the container (though few of the caches I've found do).

If you had found the log or trinkets, you could compare to the online logs... but of course you don't have those things.

In any case I would send an email to the cache owner and describe what you found and suggest they check out the cache.