Well Crud! My Pda Is Outdated, Can't Find Softwar

amytincan

*UPDATE* My PDA pulled a Lazarus. I took a whack at it, downloaded a Palm Desktop software, installed it and I was able to hotsync my old Visor Handspring.

Now I'm moving on to downloading Cachemate. I hope its compatable.

If anybody is kind enough to help me, I'd really appreciate it.

I have a Handspring Visor PDA which I never really used. I wanted to download the program to keep caches in a PDA. I can't find the disk to install the software on my computor.

I went to the handspring website and my device is not listed. Here are the links, the message board I looked at and support website. I'm really lost. It looks like the old pda version I have can be ran using newer old versions. I'm now out of my league....

Brighthand Forums thread on Visor

PalmOne Support Downloads

what do I download so I can use the palm desktop, hotsync my PDA, download the cache software and get my caches on this palm? I don't want to buy a new one if at all possible.

TIA, Amy

Edited by amytincan

I have been using an old Visor Deluxe, waiting for it to die so I can upgrade, and it just keeps on going; holds plenty of caches in CacheMate and a bunch of other useful apps and data. I suppose the only downside is it isn't in color and can't assimilate maps but for me that's no problem.

cachemate works great on my visor edge, iunports of new data are extremely slow, but ther than that its fine...

however i just ordered a tungsten t2 from overstock.com annd am eagerly awaiting its arrival, shoul dbe alot faster and color will be nice, along with blue tooth, more memory, sdcard expandability and so much more...

cachemate works great on my visor edge, iunports of new data are extremely slow, but ther than that its fine...

however i just ordered a tungsten t2 from overstock.com annd am eagerly awaiting its arrival, shoul dbe alot faster and color will be nice, along with blue tooth, more memory, sdcard expandability and so much more...

If I remember right, that can be caused by merging old and new files. I just delete any old ones before putting in the corresponding new ones and they load fine. Not sure if just choosing not to merge speeds it up too or not. I use a Palm 125 and Treo 90.