Download Cache Waypoint - Aspx?

Treekiller

I want to download a cache location into my GPS. When I click on the ".loc" file to download, I'm prompted to save as "cache-details.aspx". I thought it was to be a ".loc" file. GSAK will open it, but finds no waypoints, so it clears. What is the correct way to do this? Win 2000, and I thought I was fairly adept... Thanks in advance.

Mac

Nope. The file I'm getting is actually an html document (look at it in Notepad or Explorer). I right-click the suggested file name, saved it as a .loc, which didn't make any difference. Tried EasyGPS with no good results, either. Maybe the downloaded file actually is faulty? Trying to do the Rocky Hill quarry site by Katydid & Miles Stone, GCKK98.

Now I've gotta figger out Markwell...

I want to download a cache location into my GPS. When I click on the ".loc" file to download, I'm prompted to save as "cache-details.aspx". I thought it was to be a ".loc" file. GSAK will open it, but finds no waypoints, so it clears. What is the correct way to do this? Win 2000, and I thought I was fairly adept... Thanks in advance.

Mac

I had this same problem on my windows xp pro machine. The problem turned out to be that I was/am using GetRight download manager. I turned this off and was then able to download with the .loc extension without a problem. Once I turned the download manage back on it would download the cache_details.aspx page.

Hope this helps to find fix the problem for you.

Good to hear my solution was also your problem Treekiller and that your now getting the file as you should.

There are always so many possiblities to what the problem could be with the various computers, browsers, utilities that people use that what works for one person may not work for another. No need to stand corrected CompuCash just another item to add to the knowledge base.