Anyone Have A Clue...

EJDischer

...as to how to get waypoints into the geocache mode on a Garmin 76CS?? I downloaded the .loc files using EasyGPS which worked flawlessly. However, it naturally downloads them to the "waypoints" area on the GPS. I'm trying to get them over to the Geocache section and I'm seriously stumped. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks.

EJD

I've never claimed to have a clue, but as I understand the waypoint has to have the geocache symbol (Found and unfound).

Easygps doesn't always mark them as such. In easygps Ctrl-A to select all waypoints, right click to edit waypoints and change the symbol.

All waypoints will show up in the waypoint menu, meaning that you can't exclude geocaches, but only geocaches will show up in the geocache menu.

I use EasyGPS and download .gpx files from geocaching.com. EasyGPS sends the waypoints to the GPS with cache icons (closed treasure chests) just fine. Try .gpx files instead and make sure your GPS has 'geocaching mode' set up.

When you mark a cache as 'found' , the icon changes to an open treasure chest.

I use EasyGPS and download .gpx files from geocaching.com. EasyGPS sends the waypoints to the GPS with cache icons (closed treasure chests) just fine. Try .gpx files instead and make sure your GPS has 'geocaching mode' set up.

When you mark a cache as 'found' , the icon changes to an open treasure chest.

Now you tell me! When I was using .loc files the symbol would be everything from amusement parks to restrooms.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get a clue. So the problem was that EasyGPS was reporting the waypoints as Caches but it wasn't giving them the Geocache icon. Once that's changed, it uploads them into both the waypoint and geocache areas of the 76CS. Now for one last question. The version of EasyGPS I have is the newest version off the website (1.37). For whatever reason, when I select multiple .loc files it uploads them into seperate areas on EasyGPS. This makes it kind of a pain because then I have to upload each waypoint one at a time.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

EJD