Logging Tb Origin

Birdsong-n-Bud

I'm so mad at myself. I forgot to choose my state from the drop-down menu when I was activating a TB today, and so it only says the origin is the "United States." I tried to go back and edit it, but apparently that part can't be edited?

Does anyone know if I blew it for good? Or can that be added in after the fact?

I know when I pick up a TB it is neat to see from where it started its journey. *sigh* It serves me right for doing this in my excitement after an exhausting day at work. <_<

Thanks for letting me whine a little...I hope you can help.

(sigh) newbies. <_<

I didn't see any option to edit that entry either (on mine), so that tells me you'll need to send an email to contact@geocaching.com

By the way, it won't affect your mileage when you place it in a cache.

Edit: Didn't use spellcheck

Edited by Elf Danach

You're all fixed birdsong-n-bud. That kind of thing can only be fixed in the database. We can all learn a lesson from that one! Be careful to proofread before you hit submit. Once done, the only way to undo is to contact Groundspeak and someone there has to fix it. It's like carpentry, measure twice - cut once.

::blushing::

Thanks for the rescue! Lesson learned. I think I had itchy trigger finger and clicked the mouse before thinking. No more!

Um, may I ask one more question? Is it possible for me to post a picture that shows up directly on my hidden cache page, without someone having to click on the camera icon to see it?

Thanks so much for your assistance. Y'all have been really terrific in helping us get on our feet here. It is much appreciated! Lucky for you, we won't be newbies forever (and I have a pretty decent learning curve, so hopefully the same mistake won't get made twice, lol).

Um, may I ask one more question? Is it possible for me to post a picture that shows up directly on my hidden cache page, without someone having to click on the camera icon to see it?

This one I can answer. Click on Edit this item in the upper right of your TB page. On the edit screen you'll see Bug Image with a drop down menu. If the image is already there (which is sounds like it is) then just select it. Otherwise use the link to the right which says "upload image".

I had to ask about this one myself back in the day. Let us know if you need any more help.

Click on Edit this item in the upper right of your TB page. On the edit screen you'll see Bug Image with a drop down menu. If the image is already there (which is sounds like it is) then just select it. Otherwise use the link to the right which says "upload image".

:rolleyes: Ummm....I'm feeling a little unsure about where to find that drop-down menu. I did find that picture feature earlier on my Travel Bug pages... but......

But on my actual hidden cache page, I can find the edit button but it doesn't show the picture I uploaded to the site? ::soft whimper::

I saw a cache called "Wachusett Wilderness Redeemed" that showed a picture right on the cache page. How in the devil did he do that? Here is his site:

Wachusett Wilderness Redeemed

It wasn't clear if you were talking about travel bugs or caches. You shifted gears on us!

Now I never done it, but I think uploading pictures on your cache page only gives you a link. You probably have to enter/link to the picture in HTML mode on the cache page itself.

Maybe you should open a new topic in getting started? I'd sure like to know. (You asked first! :rolleyes: )

tHERE IS A NEAT LITTLE EBOOK ON AN UNMENTIONABLE SALES SITE THAT GIVES SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ADD PICTURES AND THAT BORDER, i HAVE SUCESSFULLY DONE BOTH, BUT IT TAKES ME ABOUT AN HOUR SITTING WITH THE PRINT OUT OF THE BOOK i PURCHASED TO TELL ME HOW TO DO IT. iT DOES INVOLVE HTML FORMATING AND USING A LOT MORE OF MY KEYBOARD THEN i AM USE TO.

Wow, thank you everyone for the advice. I didn't realize it was a whole HTML thing going on. Okay, I'll have to switch gears too, with how I approach the body of my text to do that.

Thanks for directing me to the other thread. I have bookmarked each of the recommendations there for HTML tutoring, and hopefully very :D soon it will result in a nifty picture on my page. Thank you!