Transfering Cache Ownership?

ECO Trekkers

Yes, have him send you an e-mail, stating that he wishes to give ownership of the cache to you (make sure to mention the cache name and waypoint ID). Forward this e-mail, along with a note from yourself saying you wish to adopt it, to contact@geocaching.com. It sometimes takes a little time, as they get a huge volume of e-mail, but this is likely the fastest way.

Last I heard, the local cache approvers couldn't do cache transfers.

Wow. IV Warrior is right on, including the fact that the volunteers cannot actually process the transfer of ownership. For consensual transfers, we don't need to be involved.

See this entry in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase. There's a separate entry for adoptions when the original owner is absent.

KA, that's a fairly useful link you've provided there. Had i not been browsing this particular thread i would not have known there was a "knowledgebase" as such (apart from all our clever members!).After seeing this i went searching,starting at the main page and working my way through, yet failed to find a link to this page anywhere(apart from your post obviously).

Maybe i missed it?

Maybe there isn't one?

Maybe a prominent link to this would reduce repetitive posts?

Also - is there a site map anywhere?

You betcha. I considered calling it "Knowledge Base" on that page but not everyone knows what that is.

In the plan is an automated adoption form where you can ask someone to adopt a listing and all they have to do is click and agree to adopt it. This happens so often we need this feature eventually.