Time Travel Bm

MarkDuster

That is a good point, Papa. Though when you consider the sheer size of the database, the female prisoners did a pretty good job overall and actually did something useful to repay their debts to society.

As a side thought about the AA section of the database. Each part of the country is sectioned off with a two-letter address as we all know. Intrerestingly, The AA's when you have a look at just them, seem to rove arounfd the country. I have never read as to why in any official pubs or trades that cross my desk, nor have I isolated a rhyme or reason. By the Map, AA should be Southern Florida, but I have Crossed a few here in the Puget Sound Area, so it is an interesting sub set for the pid range if nothing else...

Ahhhh The Mystery! Now where did I lay down my time travel remote....?

Here in Seattle, after a quick look around, there is one AI series Bench Mark associated with Boeing Field, SeaTac has zero. Paine Field, Home of the Big Boeing plant has no A Series PID's assigned to it. The Bellingham Airport has a couple AA and AI series Stations, One AC, but the vast majority of them are the Usual series for the area and they seem to be parts of different surveys conducted at different times. A couple other regional airports reveal only the usual series of prefixes here. I am aware of 1 AA series, and one AI series, both are resets, not in airports. So as a matter of being associated with airports, Perhaps, but here in the Pacific Northwest, some airports have and some have not. I did notice two successive numbers in a series one of which was set in a runway at Bellingham, the PID prior to it was established in a runway In Wenachee Washington, Those Two PID's stood alone as a series of 2, None before none after in succession.

Most specifically, Some of the A series PID's seem to be used in special applications and resets, and intersperced throughout the Nation. As an airport survey, it is logical to use a series to fix locations to Aeronautical Charts and such, but all I can really do is speculate. I have thought about rhyme and reason but nothing is self evident here. Yes they do seem to be used at Airports, but not inclusively here in this area, nor not in the majority of NGS survey in place within the confines of those airports I looked at locally.

It is an interesting observation, and I have a feeling Dave D would have an idea if anyone.

Rob

Have you noticed that the "AA" prefix is associated with airfields and landing strips?

Not necessarily.

The following AAxxxx marks are in Arlington County, Virginia:

AA2675 - SW 9 GPS 2

AA2673 - WEST GPS 2

Both were recovered by me two years ago and are located along public streets; neither is anywhere near an airport.

Other A-series marks, however, are at Washington National Airport (DCA):

AB3819 - DCA AP 1959 STA B

AI7614 - G 465 RESET (adjacent to or possibly on airport property)

AI7615 - DCA 00 05

AI7616 - T 231 RESET

AI3151 - DCA A

But there are also several other conventionally-numbered marks at the airport, including HV1677, HV1678, HV3551 ("AIRPORT"), HV4539. etc.