The World Tb Race

lathama

Any one interested? I dont mind organising it. The main idea is to have around 10 different legs in different countries around the world. As soon as a competitor makes it to the first cache the second one is released. But a Tb which has NOT made it to the 1st cache cannot go straight to the second one!

The race would start in the UK and as soon as i start at uni (1 week) will post a contact address (if) this becomes a successful thread!

I've got a bug itchin' for some world travel. Count me in, but...

Hopefully you'll give a tad more detail 'cuz I'm not sure just how the race will work. i.e. will they all start from a central locale - e.g. you'll collect them there in the U.K. and set them free all in the same cache, yes?

How 'bout the 7 seven continents? Yes, opinions vary, but generally these are Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America. There's presently 11 caches in Antarctica (amazing!) and plenty of others in the other six above.

sorry i have been quiet for a week i have been on a course in Scotland.

Right, let me lay out the proposed format the the whole thing will take.

How 'bout the 7 seven continents?

this was the first idea i had but there are already 100's of bugs which challenge is to do this so i wanted to go for something a little more EXTREME!

So, I plan to start all the bugs at an event in the UK sometime between christmas 2004 and my birthday early 2005.

This will be held at a pub (hopefully with an extreme connection).

Then the bugs will be free. Their aim will be to travel to a set cache (with an extreme theme (ie) sport, weather, terrain etc....) once they have been PLACED AND LEFT in this cache the next leg will be announced. Bugs who havent been to the first cache cannot go straight to the second.

will they all start from a central locale - e.g. you'll collect them there in the U.K.

Yes this is the aim. Once i have taken residence at uni (1 week to go) then i will post an address for all tb's to be sent to