Question Of Propriety

Codswallop

OK, with a mere 38 finds under my belt, I'm still a befuddled :huh: newbie , but I'm also an addict :huh: , and the only thing between me and expert status is time and a whole lot of batteries. I bet there's no thrill like finding your first TB. I certainly was happy out there on the dunes of Cape Cod when I opened the ammo box and out popped Magical Key 3. He had started in Illinois and come to New England, where he has been banging around a bunch of different caches ever since April of '03.

I thought,"This little guy needs to see something of the world," and since the family were scheduled to take a trip to Israel, I decided to bring him along. GC-ing is fairly new in Israel, and it has the added dimension there of people taking a dim view of strangers hiding objects and walking away, so there are very few caches in the country. None of the caches available to us there were appropriate, and none of the appropriate ones were available, so I made my own. Now Magical Key 3 is sitting 5500 miles away from his last reported position. Plus, he's in the desert, in a very inhospitable landscape far from people and crowds, and therefor unlikely to get a lot of vistors. Of course, when someone does finally find him, he'll probably go someplace equally exotic.

If I had done this with one of your TB's, would you be pissed? Or pleased? In any case, he's in Cache ha Shishi, (which means, "The sixth cache") if you're going there and feeling adventurous. :huh:

I have only one question. If you don't live in the area, how did you get this cache approved? I would like for any of my bugs to travel to foriegn lands but if an cacher places a cache in an unlikely place, just so he can leave a travel bug, I question this. It probably would have been more appropriate to drop and retrieve the bug in all the caches you visited, and then leave it in a cache where it is more likely to be picked up. That being said, if it rests too long in this cache, you might want to consider picking it up, the next time you go to do cache maintenance.

Cache Well

I have only one question.  If you don't live in the area, how did you get this cache approved? 

Well, I got it approved because I know a couple of people who have agreed to check on it for me. It's a bit of a hassle for them to do so (most Israelis don't actually live in the desert :huh: , at least not since Moses). However, the cache is near a couple of pretty neat resorts on the Dead Sea, and it's not too far from the highway to Eilat, which is a popular resort as well. So I can dispatch someone without too much trouble, and TPTB felt that was adequate. :huh: Whether it actually IS adequate remains to be seen.

I have only one question.  If you don't live in the area, how did you get this cache approved? 

Well, I got it approved because I know a couple of people who have agreed to check on it for me. It's a bit of a hassle for them to do so (most Israelis don't actually live in the desert :huh: , at least not since Moses). However, the cache is near a couple of pretty neat resorts on the Dead Sea, and it's not too far from the highway to Eilat, which is a popular resort as well. So I can dispatch someone without too much trouble, and TPTB felt that was adequate. :huh: Whether it actually IS adequate remains to be seen.

In that case, you have done an excellent job. This really helps the goal of the TB and you are to be congratulated for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Cache Well