Need Some Atl Coordinates

Twelfth Man

I have an upcoming trip to Atlanta for a NASCAR race and ask locals in that area for the following GPS coordinates:

Atlanta Motor Speedway (Gate 14, preferably)

Hartsfield International Airport (AVIS on airport site, if available)

Anybody have an opinion on the La Quinta Inn in Marietta ?(I know its a long way but its free to me)

Thanks-it will save me a lot of legwork!

Thanks! I looked at Fast Cache and it is the SW corner of the track but I think I can interpolate it out to what I need. My Garmin Map Source 4.01 CD-ROM disk doesn't have enough small detail for those things.

The airport looks interesting also.

I wish I had time to do some caching while in the area, but it looks like a mad dash to the track.

Fly in at midnight, get to hotel at 1 AM, get up for noon Busch race and IROC race, drag us back to the hotel 50 miles away, get up next AM for noon NEXTEL race, crawl back to hotel and catch early flight Monday AM.

The things we do for our wives! Thank goodness the tickets were gifts, and I had enough frequent flyer points for airfare and hotel. This is her first NASCAR race in person and I am afraid I am feeding her new hobby.

But on the other hand, it MAY be the excuse for that used motorhome I want to buy.........

Edited by Twelfth Man
Well the cache that I mentioned isn't at the airport. It starts there, goes around the world and finishes north of Gainesvilles. It is a great cache, but definitly not a cache and run. :lol:

Yeah, I thought it was kind of funny that you mentioned that cache. One of my caches is actually there (virtual) but is in the heart of the airport between the runways. (It is not an easy cache but is totally legal.)

For rental car coordinates, you would be best to waypoint that when you get there. Since no one living in Atlanta would be renting a car at the airport it would not be likely that anyone would have those coordinates. I frequent the airport and I have no idea where Avis is here.

Regarding the LaQuinta, I know where it is. I will see if I can get some coordinates this weekend. I may be going by there at some point. The drive to Hampton to the race would be around 35 - 45 minutes plus the time it takes you to park.