Can't Find The Nearest Cache From Remote Canada

PatrickD

I have a good friend whose father is working in Eureka, Nunavut in northern Canada. (It's apparently the northernmost permanent settlement in the world.) Out of curiosity, I looked up the coordinates of Eureka online and searched on Geocaching.com to find the nearest cache.

Nothing.

How can I figure out how far away the nearest cache is?

FYI: The coordinates of Eureka are N 79° 58.998 W 085° 57.000.

I have a good friend whose father is working in Eureka, Nunavut in northern Canada.  (It's apparently the northernmost permanent settlement in the world.)  Out of curiosity, I looked up the coordinates of Eureka online and searched on Geocaching.com to find the nearest cache.

Nothing.

How can I figure out how far away the nearest cache is?

FYI: The coordinates of Eureka are N 79° 58.998 W 085° 57.000.

Try this: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx

Search criteria was County = Canada

Province = Nuvut

Hope this helps.

go to the Seek page and select Canada from the country drop-down box, and hit GO. On the next page, select Nunavut in the State/Province box and you'll get 5 results. From there you must choose a cache and probably map it to see how far it is. This is one way.

The other is...

worthless. I just plugged in your coordinates as my home coords, and YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WITHIN A HUNDRED MILES?!? I will shed a tear for you now. Uhm, yeah. You're basically out of luck until some more people move up there, or you take a vacation somewhere a little warmer. Sorry.