Feature Request: A Sortable "my/owned.aspx" Page

King Boreas

http://www.geocaching.com/my/owned.aspx

Half the time, I can't even access this page. At the same time, others are able to check theirs with no problem. Why?

The perfect page used to be available:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.asp?archived=y

So, my request is make the old link valid, or allow me to sort my caches by date placed. BTW, I'm not talking about 20-25 on a page. I want them ALL, like it used to be.

Thank you.

Most people do not have 500+ caches hidden. I think that goes a long way towards explaining why others have less of a problem getting this page to load.

If the servers and busy database are frustrating you, why not work offline with your list of hidden caches, using pocket queries? You can sort them any which way you want.

Most people do not have 500+ caches hidden.

heh, you're a funny one.

Wow, the monthly maintinance on 546 must be really time consuming.

Unfortunately, a large number of them disappeared a while back. A few early ones were not in good locations. Twenty to twenty-five "forced archives" occurred due to county regulations enacted after they were placed.

While I do not rely on any help, there are quite a few "volunteers" who will drop off a logbook, swap containers, CITO a trashed cache, etc.

A lot of my recent caches are "day trips" ... a tour of 5-8 cities/towns, where there may be 10 caches on the route. If necessary, I can plan maintenance on caches, combining 2-3 of these trips, just visiting the ones I need to check.

Coming back on topic...

allow me to sort my caches by date placed

I too was dismayed by this change (and voiced it then). Instead of knowing where on the list a cache could be found, you now have to manually hunt for it!?

To me the dynamically changing list (based on last found) is a bug, NOT a feature, since it inhibits ease of use.

However, I wouldn't favor another control button or preference feature to allow for user customization of this bug as it makes the interface more cumbersome to learn/use.

So I add my voice to the "please list by placement order" low-priority request...

Enjoy,

Randy

Unless I did it wrong, the pocket query doesn't list them all on one page. Archived caches don't show up either. The "old" my cache page was perfect.

gpx files don't contain archived caches

go to the individual pages and d/l them as a gpx , then merge them with your "caches placed" gpx with gsak