Event Planning

PNWWizard

Events really are just about anything you want them to be. Think of a dinner party. If you want, you can plan out the entire thing even down to who sits where and what is discussed between people. Or you could ask everyone to pick something up on the way and sit in your front yard so you don't have to do anything.

Best thing to do, find an event (no, it probably won't be easy to get to) and just go. See what you liked and didn't. People, especially those of the caching type, will make their own fun, even if the planners don't.

My first cache event was in August 2002. I waypointed a tree in a park and said I'd place coordinates there for the final spot. Turned out that we got the picnic area next to the tree. Everyone broght one thing to share at the picnic and something for the communal grill if they desired. All in all it worked out well. No one died. No one got in a fight. A Huge Success.

Keep it simple... or not.

I am working on an event next summer to benefit the Salvation Army. Next year marks their 100 years of service to Virginia Beach and the surrounding areas. I am kind of winging it, but have decided to bring in Playtime, Inc. to help with the logistics.

We are offering a $10,000 reward :) for the team that finds the most "Kettle Caches".

I would be glad to brainstorm with others who have similar goals.