Help With A Cache. . .

Punk_Rocker

I bought a 2"x8" piece of pipe threaded at both ends and two caps. (yes, my dad says it looks like a pipe bomb. I covered the pipe with camo tape, placed an 'official geocache' sticker on it with my email addy and info on it. it seemed like the perfect cache container. I am second guessing myself on placing it, since my dad says it looks like a pipe bomb. (I dont think it does), does anyone else have an opinion on this?

All depends on where you place it. A city park is not advisable. All the markings in the world won't amount to a hill of beans if someone stumbles on it and calls the police. They're gonna treat it like a bomb. If your dad think it looks like a pipe bomb, so will a lot of other people.

You can probably get away with a pipe cache in a more remote area, where it's very unlikely to accidently be discovered.

Another thought. They don't make the best containers. The caps are hard to get off and people aren't likely to be carrying wrenches they hunt caches. If the cap is kept too loose, the contents will get wet and if its tightend too much, most people won't be able to open it. I guess you can tie a wrench to the outside though,

Edited by briansnat