Garmin 2610 Versus *.loc Waypoint Files

We're new to geocaching and haven't figured out how to load waypoint files downloaded from this site into our Garmin 2610 mobile GPS. The GSAK software (and most others, I think) employ the serial port for transfering data to the GPS. Unfortunately, the 2610 has no serial port... only USB.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for getting the *.loc files transferred from the PC to the Garmin 2610??

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

GEO, PCX is kind of a losing format. You're better off choosing "Mapsource" as GPSBabel's output to get a *.mps if you're going to feed it to Mapsource.

...which is exactly what happens behind the scenes with YuccaPatrol's suggestion as GPSBabel is used for GSAK's Mapsource plumbing.

I have an open support request with Garmin to see if the 2610 really really speaks exactly the same USB protocol as the 60. If so, you may benefit from the work in progress for the 60. http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=58972

Can anyone offer any suggestions for getting the *.loc files transferred from the PC to the Garmin 2610??

Easiest way to do it is to download EasyGPS -- not the version from this web site because it's an old copy. Download it direct from the vendor. I believe the latest version is 1.3.7 or something like that. It supports USB transfers to and from your 2610.

That's how I do it with mine anyway :ph34r:

Zack