Finally Found After 3 Years

Horse droppings #1

How many unfound caches this old are are left?

Wow, looks like maybe the rating keeps people scared off. Did you think the ratings were justified?

On a related note, I've noticed a few caches that have gone unfound for quite a while suddenly having YJTBs dropped off in them by people. I suspect in an attempt to generate some traffic to the cache?

Icefield discovery is older than that, June 9 2001 to be exact.

Out in the middle of Kluane National Park, this one requires a 10-14 day hike or use of an aircraft. The description and coords sound pretty dodgy too -- I'd be worried about not finding this one if I did make the trip.

This one isn't that surprising, especially since we don't have a lot of caching going on up here. Only 2 out of 7 caches placed this year have a FTF. It is not uncommon for a cache to go a year before being found or between finds.

For instance, Scout Lake Road is the oldest cache in the Yukon and also one of the easier ones to get to. It has been found exactly twice in over three years, and one of those was me a few weeks ago.

Edited by Gonzo-YT
Icefield discovery is older than that, June 9 2001 to be exact.

Out in the middle of Kluane National Park, this one requires a 10-14 day hike or use of an aircraft. The description and coords sound pretty dodgy too -- I'd be worried about not finding this one if I did make the trip.

This one isn't that surprising, especially since we don't have a lot of caching going on up here. Only 2 out of 7 caches placed this year have a FTF. It is not uncommon for a cache to go a year before being found or between finds.

For instance, Scout Lake Road is the oldest cache in the Yukon and also one of the easier ones to get to. It has been found exactly twice in over three years, and one of those was me a few weeks ago.

Cool - I wish there had been caching when I lived up there.

I've hiked up the slims river from Sheep Mt. to the Kaskawalsh (sp?) glacier and back, and also done the scout lake road a few times. Loved camping back there.

Kluane NP is one AMAZING place geocachers.