What's In? ... your first aid kit

hmarq

I've seen a bunch of discussions on your 'pack' but my attempts at searching for first aid kit contents came up non-specific ... I've put a 'real' first aid kit a couple times for backpacking to the middle of nowhere, but this daytrip stuff locally I've usually done sans-kit.

Now that I'm chasing caches, I've determined that I do need a few things; small bandaids, alchohol wipes, mole skin, triple cream -- I seem to get a few more dents and dings doing this than when I stick completely to trailsicon_smile.gif

So I'm curious what do you folks carry in your daypack/cachepack?

I have a jungle first-aid kit that I picked up from cheaperthandirt.com and an old nasal spray filled with hydrogen peroxide, plus a tube of Neosporin, eye drops, bactirin ointment, surgical gloves, enteric coated aspirins, snake-bite kit, sewing kit, flashlight, FRS radio, mosquito repellent, extra socks, toilet paper, garbage bags, pepper spray, alcohol swabs, q-tips, fingernail clippers, travel toothbrush, Akwa tears ointment, disposable razor, pens, pencils, notebook, safety pins, shoelaces, rubberbands, extra pair of reading glasses, 2-quart canteen, knife, chapstick, rubber duck, insulin kit, glucose, allergy cream (bites), disposable lighter, jersey gloves, poncho.

That's all, I think.

Z.

I too cache with Jim Beam.

I also carry a small pack with the usual first aid stuff. Band-aids,eye drops,neosporin,asprin,butterfly strips,and a couple of military style field dressings.

Other non-first aid items include at least 2 ways to start a fire,nail clippers,Kershaw multi tool,a couple of large ziplock plastic bags,survival blanket,spare ammo and last but not least a good whistle(not a kid's toy,a real one).

This may seem like alot to carry around,but it fits into a small pouch that's smaller than a woman's purse.

I don't carry this every time I cache,only on hikes longer than a few miles.

If I'm going to be out all day I take more(a day pack with mini works water filter,2 full size trash bags,extra socks,ramen noodles and a small stove.

Maine MountainMan

Being one who's actually had to use my first aid kit, I can tell you what I added after using it: An instant coldpack. The local REI sells small ones. I also went to Walgreens and picked up some of that self-adhering bandage, and some more gauze. Otherwise, all the usual stuff.

Chocolate, McDonalds toy wrapper, plastic B&R spoon(pink + broken), ziplock with 2 holes in it (not just the opening), and a partrige in a pear tree.

--------------------------------------------------

If you drop your keys into molten lava just let 'em go 'cause, man, they're gone.