Another Good Reason To Cito

Living in Vancouver BC I end up doing a lot of my GeoCaching in and near the city and many of the cache sites have fairly heavy pedestrian trafic around them :) along with almost always, at least some garbage. :)

As I find myself being scrutinised by curious GeoMuggles while I "dig" around for a cache :lol: , having and filling a bag of garbage turns me from a wierdo into a responsible urban hero :) . What a great disguise!

Thanks to CITO I can now go GeoCaching with relative impunity, even in densely populated areas. AND, I am making the world more beautiful for the next GeoCacher at the same time. :lol:

I've thought the same thing that carrying my bag of trash makes for an excellent excuse if questioned by muggles or the authorities.

"I'm just picking up some of this trash. . . . want to help me?" should be enough to make any suspicious individual leave before I can hand them a garbage bag of their own!

having and filling a bag of garbage turns me from a wierdo into a responsible urban hero

Uhm... shouldn't that be the other way around?? :ph34r:

Actually I just got some CITO bags from Groundspeak and want to organize some informal CITO events.

Anyone in Austin, Texas interested?

I'll get in touch with Keep Austin Beautiful - they will donate materials and resources according to their website.

having and filling a bag of garbage turns me from a wierdo into a responsible urban wierdo

same thing though the second type will be ignored by 99.9999999999999% of all passerbyers.

also look even less conspecuous by wearing an orange saftey vest while doing your CITO. i mean really, das anybody EVER actually SEEN a road worker? they all wear those orange vests. an yet remain invisible.