Now That's Service!

davwil

I was checking logs for local caches this morning and came across one for this one. Check out the log on the 15th. From what I read into it, the folks at the tourist centre told them about the nearby cache and also printed out a couple of other local cache pages for the cacher.

There is a connection with the centre and a local cacher so I guess that helps.

I think it's kind of neat.

Maybe if we flash our Geocacher ID card with our user name printed on it, other tourist centres will unlock the *cache page drawer* (which should be under the water park pamphlets next to the seafood restaurant guides) and give us the kinda help we're looking for.

Anyone else come across this themselves?

D.

Edited by davwil

Dino Hunters wrote:

We get to find all those cool spots that the rest of the tourists don't.

I guess in a way, we have our own *geo-tourist* centre right here. I look on the cache listings here as a great information source, provided by knowledgeable local cachers with an understanding of what kind of hike most cachers are looking for.

My wife caches with me and on her own. She recently went on a trip with her Mom and a friend visiting from Ontario. I got some cache pages of the area for her and she took her GPSr. Since they are all a bit *mobility impaired* (read gimpy) they didn't actually sign any logs... but they got to areas that no tourist centre would have suggested. Age range is 50-75. They didn't even consider going to a tourist centre.

Gotta love those independant women.

Dragonflys wrote:

something kind of like this happened to me. I dropped by Seal Light of Barrington to do the cache and the ladies asked if I was going to take a tour of the lighthouse or just there to do the cache. I was taken aback by that, my little secret out

LOL... If that was me I think I might have replied something like *There's a lighthouse here?*.

D.

For the Snowbirds, etc.: they seem pretty friendly in Florida. Some caches require you to go to the official's desk and ask for a key, one even has the cache under the official's desk! You ask and he gets it out for you. I saw one note where the park ranger had spotted a cache in a poison ivy patch and moved it to a safer location and noted it on the cache page. Pretty good.