New Garmin 2610 Streetpilot

Peavey

Just received my new Garmin 2610. I actually down-loaded local map from where I live in, hooked it up to my truck and it worked. Amazing! Showed all streets as I was going down the road, as you can tell this is my first GPS and I really like it. NOw all the Shazam is over with, anybody give me some good tips as far as setting up this GPS?

Couple of things:

If you haven't updated to the latest software, you should this ASAP. The default 2610 software (2.95 I think) is missing a lot of features. The current version is 3.90. Set your "Home" waypoint. You can then easily navigate back home by pressing "Find" twice. Check to see if the tabs are set up as transparent on the map page, if not you should because you can see a lot more of the maps. I also customized my tabs to have information I wanted vs. the defaults.

You'll also want to check the version of City Navigator that came with it. If its version 5 and you just bought the unit you can get a free upgrade to v6. See www.garmin.com/unlock for details. If you have any specific questions let me know.

GO$Rs