Influx Of Newbies On The Forums

El Diablo

Thanks to El D for the welcome. I was a newbie who started a thread right off the bat and was pummelled around a bit--most likely deserved it, though! (see http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=70709)

Oh, I remember that thread, hehehe. For some reason it really struck a cord with some people. BTW, I thought you held your own very well. Every so often, you would inject a nugget or two and really fan the flames. That was a fun thread. :P

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can be as gracious someday. Not that numbers matter but many newbies seem to have more finds then you for their short career as cachers So does experance, which really comes down to number of cache found or does the armchair cacher of many moons make a better cacher????

Sorry just tripped my trigger.

cheers

I assume that you were addresing that statement to me. I've never considered myself an armchair geocacher. Of course I may be wrong, it has happened many times before. :P

There are newbies out there than can top my 70 some odd found caches and the 11 that I've hid. I wouldn't consider their higher number of finds as being better than me, nor do I consider my many moons as being better than they are.

I do feel I have a better knowledge of geocaching and its community compared to a person that has been caching less than a year, simply because of my different involvements in geocaching. Of course as I pointed out above, I may be wrong once again!

El Diablo

As my joined date indicates, I am not a newbie ... but I am a newbie. I did not have a GPS for a long time. But I would cruise through as a armchair geocacher. Now I "R" one and now I post to the forums.

I have noticed a general trend among my friends to have heard of it now... In 2001 nobody had heard of it. So I would say it is growing via word of mouth pretty quickly right now.

Edited by laststraw