Geocaching In Yosemite Fund Newsletter

Nazgul

Yes, it is a very well written positive piece.

I also like the coice of the word 'inappropriate' in place of forbidden. :mad:

The Geocaching.com website now lists more than 100,000 caches in over 200 countries. Most geocaches contain logbooks you sign to prove you were there, but the game uses virtual geocaches in U.S. national parks and other places where hiding physical containers would be inappropriate.

Excellent. So now we have a good press article, that might be read by some of the same folks who saw the poorly researched article in National Geographic. We have the EarthCaching concept beginning to blossom. We have some individual NPS site managers saying "to heck with the national policy, we like this idea and are happy to have a geocache container at this [national monument / national recreation area / etc.]"

Could these facts signal the beginning of turning the tide with geocaching and the NPS?

Could these facts signal the beginning of turning the tide with geocaching and the NPS?

Yes, and hopefully the tide will turn on or about 11/2/2004. :lol::o:lol:

Don't want to start a partisan argument, so I'm asking this carefully:

I'm wondering, do you really think the outcome of the election will change NPS stance on geocaching?

If so, why?

I wouldn't think so because it's going to be the same group of bureaucrats in the NPS making the decisions no matter who is the Sec. of Interior.