Placing A New Cache.

I have an Idea for a cache.

The problem is that the recommended way to get to the cache would be kayak or raft. Some seasons the water level may get real low and would make it difficult to get to. Would this still be a viable cache? I would of course post the preferred methods of travel.

Sage

my big worry was that the rules say I must maintain the cash every 4 weeks or so.  Some years in the winter this section of the river is unrunnable for 3 months.

Sage

What rules say that? I never saw a 4 week mandate (because if there is, I'm in biiiig trouble). As long as you can respond reasonably quickly to reported problems, you're fine. If the river is unrunnable, then obviously people won't be searching for he cache, so you won't have to respond to problems. But it would be a good idea to check it each year as soon as the river is runnable, to make sure it made it through the winter in good shape and wasn't washed away.

Edited by briansnat
:o One of my caches is seasonal any only can be reached by canoe or kayak. Part of the season the water may be too low to float all sections, but you still can drag your craft over the lowest spots. Because of heavy snow cover, ice perils and hidden springs the cache is not accessible in the winter. These cautions are clearly stated in the cache description. I do not think you will have a problem with your cache if you provide adequate warnings.