Cache In Need Of Some Tlc

Molinnis

We did a cache called "One for the sewing box :rolleyes:)" "GCG3PR" back in July when on a Camping/Caching trip to the New Forest.

This cache is nicely situated on the Sea front East of the Bournemouth area overlooking the sea to the Isle of Wight. It has been well visited since being hidden in May last year (61 Logs).

However it was damp inside when we visited it and I did e-mail the owner to inform them, But didn't get no reply. They do not seem to be active any longer, Their last visit to the GC.com sight being June 2003.

This Cache badly needs some TLC and possibly a new owner. It is a nice cache in a nice location and it would be a shame to see it degrade any further.

We would be willing to adopt it and maintain it as we visit that area on a regular basis to visit family but not too sure if the powers that be would allow this as we are based in Cornwall.

Failing this could one of the local Cachers based in the Bournemouth/New Forest area do some maintenance on it and look into adopting it.

We've seen several others in similar need. Today we did GCE505 and there were several log entries reporting that the location is openly known by local children. When we got there it was laying out in the open and in a very sorry state. The people who laid it now live in Texas. We have a whole series of caches near us laid by someone who now lives many miles away and doesn't maintain them and is not apparently a keen geocacher..

Great shame

We've seen several others in similar need. Today we did GCE505 and there were several log entries reporting that the location is openly known by local children. When we got there it was laying out in the open and in a very sorry state. The people who laid it now live in Texas. We have a whole series of caches near us laid by someone who now lives many miles away and doesn't maintain them and is not apparently a keen geocacher..

Great shame

Which is the precise reason why "Holiday" caches are not allowed any longer unless arrangements have been made for someone else to maintain the cache.

As for the "Sewing Box" I'd have no problem with you taking it over. As you say you visit the area regularly that is good enough for me. Drop me an e-mail with the details and I'll get it sorted.