Travel Bugs (mine)

planetrobert

I have begun my travel bug addiction and now am wondering why it is that there isn't a link in the "My Account" section for travel bugs that are owned by you.

this would be really nice to have rather than having to lookup numbers, which isn't that hard really but the other would be even nicer.

so instead of it saying...

"Quick View | Watchlist | Geocaches (Mine) | Travel Bugs | Benchmarks | Member Features"

it would say...

"Quick View | Watchlist | Geocaches (Mine) | Travel Bugs (Mine) | Benchmarks | Member Features"

so how about it Jeremy, is this a remote possibility even?

I have the same request. Please implement the "Travel Bugs (Mine)" feature. It would be natural and would make a lot of sense. The other ways of getting to one's travel bugs require a lot more clicks.

It's not the clicks that are a problem, it's waiting for the extra page loads. RM

I have the same request. Please implement the "Travel Bugs (Mine)" feature. It would be natural and would make a lot of sense. The other ways of getting to one's travel bugs require a lot more clicks.

It's not the clicks that are a problem, it's waiting for the extra page loads. RM

those both are related.

page clicks = more wait time

page clicks = more server requests

page clicks = more bandwith for Jeremy to pay for

page clicks = wasted time for users

Doesn't anybody remember how favorites/bookmarks work. Most browsers allow saving links for just this reason. I have created a Geocaching folder on my favorites/bookmark link toolbar that contains all the links that I consider necessary. This allows me to go directly to the pages of interest.

I agree that the subject of this topic would be a nice improvement but I can do it through my bookmarks.

Hope this helps.

Cache Well

It would take two minutes to implement this change.

Why do I always hear this? It doesn't take "two minutes" - sheesh. It's on the list of things to do. Just because it is higher on your priority list it isn't at the top of the master list.

If you want to know what your travel bugs are doing, do the advanced search feature on the travel bug page and search by travel bugs owned by you. There is existing functionality that will address your request. Make a bookmark of it.

It would take two minutes to implement this change.

Why do I always hear this? It doesn't take "two minutes" - sheesh. It's on the list of things to do. Just because it is higher on your priority list it isn't at the top of the master list.

If you want to know what your travel bugs are doing, do the advanced search feature on the travel bug page and search by travel bugs owned by you. There is existing functionality that will address your request. Make a bookmark of it.

Glad that you finally chimed in after three months. How should we know that it's on your list if you don't tell us?

I do believe that adding the travelbugs(mine) feature is a very simple task. It can be done by inserting a single link (http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.aspx?o=1&uid=...) on the page.

I don't know what's on your master list but I don't think adding direction icons to the logs was more important than this.

Thanks for recommending workarounds, we all know them, that was not the question. BTW my method is easier: just three clicks. Click on your profile icon then User stats, then on the TB icon.

Glad that you finally chimed in after three months. How should we know that it's on your list if you don't tell us?

He told us that this was on the to-do list on July 31st in this thread.

Having done that, I can understand why Jeremy would not repeat himself every time that someone else asked the same question.

Reading the forums regularly is one way to keep track of what has been promised and what is on the "to do" list. Not everyone has time to do that. For those folks, the forum search button is truly a useful tool.