Signal Dispersion And Splatter

hello everybody,

i have an etrex legend and ive done some accuracy experiments to test the unit.

i started with this hypothesis: is it possible that signal splatter or dispersion by means of either envioromental or atmospheric conditions creat coordinate images that were like the old shadows on improperly tuned black and white tv's of old.

myself and lostfool did one experiment we picked an open area and each assumed a position and coordinate and basically geocached each others position. both units turned out to be flawless in accuracy. this experiment was done at nighttime in clear sky on asphalt.

i duplicated the same experiment by myself during mid day sun on asphalt and the acciracy was noticably flawed. this same experiment was done again as a control on cut grass in the same enviroment and the accuracy was much better.

QUESTIONS: does asphalt have a dispersing or reflecting affect on satellite telemetry?(as opposed to earth which apparently does not).

how can we be notified if solar flare activity will be affecting satellite telemetry?

what are the affects of solar flares on gps and what is indicative of those affects? regards: archeangelsk2002

All RF signals are going to be better at night. If you are old enough, remember back to the days before cable television? The shows were always clearer at night... a whole whack of reasons for it, but basically, the hotter it is, the more the signal will be affected. There are a number of sites which will give you a solar flare/solar activity forecast... just run a google search for them!

The asphalt will have nothing to do with the quality of the signal received.