Help/advice Needed With Tb Xchange Event

As a TB addict I posted this to the TB forum, however, someone suggested that this might be a better fit...

I am scheduled for a 4 day business trip from Germany to California (San Jose/Bay Area) and unfortunately will only have very limited time for caching. :blink:

As I am going to an event here in Germany just 2 days prior to my trip, there is a good chance that I will bring some 5 to 10 TBs from Europe.

I would like to call for a "TB Exchange Event" in that area on Wednesday, 4th of August in the evening so that I can possibly exchange them safely "all in one cache". Of course, I would like to help those TBs that wanna go back with me to Europe, too :D

Questions: as a German Cacher, will I be able to call for / submit an event for Northern California? And if yes, any recommendations for a location (and coordinates?!) - as I am far away I couldn't really check it out in advance...

As I will just have a few hours, I thought about just an exchange meeting at some cafe or so.

Thoughts? Help?

Olaf

Suggest a coffee house in the morning. We've had a few morning gatherings out here in the Central Valley and it's always been fun. I also think this would be a great opportunity for one of the newer cachers that live in the area (there's a ton of cachers near by). I would love to step up to the plate as it would be a blast to fumble my German but I'm sadly not available. :mad:

On the chance no one comes through on this one, I suggest one of the local Travel Bug Hotel caches. The nearest one I know if is a good 60 miles from San Jose on the altimont pass. GCHFRP Travel Bug Inn.

With that said, how would you like to travel so far to be met by a couple llama's at a Geocache?! Hey, GCBFEA PHEROMONE (the Travel Bug attractant) also has a llama. <_<

Edited by Green Achers

I don't know about being able to create an event from that far away, but we have plenty of local cachers that would probably be willing to set up an event cache or an informal get-together. Nostrada leaps to mind because he's German.

There are also several TB-oriented caches in the San Jose area if needed, including one in a coffee house. Do you know specifically where you will be in the area?

I've been planning to create a TB with a BMW theme to send over to Germany, so maybe I should hurry up and get that done before you get here. <_<