The Amazing Cache Race

I would love to host a cache event that was modeled after "The Amazing Race" on television....

First... Hide a rather difficult micro with ten ticket stubs inside marked Amazing cache race or something and the cords to the starting point and the starting date.

Second...Post the cords to it and the rules to the race on the geocaching web site.

Something like...when all ten teams have met me at the starting point

with ticket stubs the race will begin.

There will be 7 route markers you will have to collect and each time

there will be one less marker eventually elliminating all but three teams.

Inbetween the route markers will be caches that have the cords for the

next leg of the race directing you to each route marker and each one

with different difficulty and style...Puzzle caches and so forth.

First team to meet me at the finish line(different from the start)with all 7

route markers will win $1,000!!! or more deppending on how rich I was.

This hole race would take place over a whole state and many miles, probally over a weekend.

There would also be steps takin to try and prevent cheating like people trashing the inbetween caches and the like.

I also would highly encourage people to bring someone along to video tape and share the race.

I think this would be great fun to host or participate in.....If I were rich..

I have my own idea of what I'd do if I was rich. I would create the Über Cache! I'd fill it with lots of great stuff, like a couple of new GPS units (really good ones too), maybe some topo software, DVDs, CDs, jewelry (gold, silver, etc), and lots of other great stuff. I'd probably make it a multi of some sort with like five stages, each miles apart. I'd place the final cache somewhere that would be a bit of a pain to get to. After all, if you're gonna get a new Garmin GPSmap 60CS, you're gonna have to suffer a bit. :unsure:

So there you have it, my dream.

Interesting post....

I was just thinking as the new season of the Race starts that a geocache find would make an excellent detour event for the TV show.

They could hand out GPSr units to the teams and the instruction manuals.

Teams would have to succcesfully find the cache, hit an internet cafe to log the find, and then move to the next checkpoint. Should make for entertaining TV as teams argue over how to enter a waypoint into a GPSr.