A Question From A Newbie

archeangelsk2002

hello again from the old bald headed archie

okay, ive foun several caches...how do i post this info on the website

the recent storms here in louisvill blew 1 cache away...i notified the owner by email...do i count this as unfound even thought the film container was open and underwater...no log book or anything else. this leads me to another question

if a cache location is seriously over grown are we as cachers allowed to clean it up by trimming up the site. or should we contact the owner of the cache or what

i now know why one must not wear shorts in the woods...ticks and thorns .

regards

chris griffin

(archeangelsk2002)

cgriffin101@yahoo.com

You found the container you found the cache. Notifying the owner in the log that you found it open and under water gives the owner notice that they need to check up on it. If by chance that's not the cache they can then email you and let you know.

On each cache pate in the upper right is several options. one of them will let you log the cache. Clicking on it will take you to another page where you can write your log and post it for each individual cache.

I would be hesitant to clean up around an overgrown cache unless it was my own.

The owner may have been counting on the cover to keep the cache hidden.

If you clean up around the cache, you may make it easier for it to be found by a non-cacher.

I would just add a line to your on-line log that the area is very overgrown, which lets both the owner and future cacher know.

Ed

I'll echo The Badge & the Butterfly here and advise that sometimes the growth is part of the hide's characteristics. You would do well to resist the urge to "help" in this sense by cleaning up. If you put in your posting about the overgrowth, you might want to encrypt it just in case this is a spoiler that would reduce the challenge to finding the cache.