Brunton Ifinder?!

First of all, wow... unless there is some covert work going on between Lowrance and Brunton that I am unaware of, Brunton has completely copied their iFinder unit.

Atlas.jpg:unsure:ifinder_xlarge.jpg

Second of all, why on earth are Brunton's GPS's so expensive!!? The Multi-navigator retails for $359 and it can't even plot!!

Edited by vw_ev

My guess would be that the Brunton is made for them by lowrance, this is a common practice in manufacturing, Around a year ago a co. was started that was marketing GPSr to golf resorts. These were programed for the colf course and would recomend glubs and give distance to the next hole, the GPSr were a Garmin E-treks but were a very dark green color.

As far as the price on the Brunton GPSr, it never made any sense to me, Before I retired brunton always wanted me to order their GPS, I told them there price was way to *&^* high. Then after two years one on the other buyers ordered 6 of them, they sat on our shelves for about a year before we could get them to take them back for some other products.

Are these Bruntons [MNS] any good? Did they sit on your shelves because of price or because they stink?

From what I saw of them they work ok but the feature set is very limited. The most serious shortcoming is the lack of any 'map' page showing your tracklog in relation to waypoints and routes - even the most basic eTrex Yellow or Magellan 300 has that. Add in the high price and large physical size and I'm not surprised they sat on the shelf.

Of course these comments don't apply to the Atlas which is just a rebadged iFinder. That unit has quite nice features, especially relating to the tracklogs. But it hasn't been marketed nearly as effectively as corresponding Magellan and Garmin models.

Are these Bruntons any good? Did they sit on your shelves because of price or because they stink?

They sat on the shelf as I predicted they would beause they were $400.00 and did not do much more than a Yellow e-treks. The only thing they have that the e-treks does not have is a compass and a bubble level.