I found my first geocache!

wannafly

Woohoo! it was only about 2 blocks from my house...easy find... I signed the log and..

I told my self i wasnt going to because I didnt have anything to leave, but i took the snoopy TB, is that ok? I'm planning on dropping him off at one of my next ones i find...I felt bad for not leaving anything though! icon_frown.gif

Anyway, depending on what everone's response is, I'll either keep it and place it elsewhere or put him back in a few days...

I probably sound silly, but i wanna make sure i'm getting it right! icon_smile.gif

Woohoo!

Heres another question, i know when i log the pickup, i have the oppotunity to upload a photo, can i upload the photo AFTER i'f logged the TB transfer?

Just curious, this little guy came from Witchita i think, so i was gonna go get his picture taken at disney. icon_smile.gif

Hey! Good for you! You found a cache, logged it, made a note here.........

Sorry to say Fearless got his brother into the sport...he would write in the log book where he found it but never log it online. Also liked taking travel bugs icon_confused.gif

I'm not sure if he kept them or moved them on...

Not caching any more......

So cache on!

We have found so many amazing places and at the same time shared family experiences that we will talk about for many years to come!

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by wannafly:

Woohoo!

Heres another question, i know when i log the pickup, i have the oppotunity to upload a photo, can i upload the photo AFTER i'f logged the TB transfer?

Just curious, this little guy came from Witchita i think, so i was gonna go get his picture taken at disney. icon_smile.gif

Yes you can upload a photo after you log.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by GoaTSniFFer:

Looked for some Benchmarks today, but those have been difficult so far.

You do realize the benchmarks are in a different datum? They aren't always there either. And the coordinates are sometimes off. Use the description whenever possible to aid you in your search for benchmarks.

That moss-covered bucket I hailed as a treasure,

For often at noon, when I returned from the field,

I found it the source of an exquisite pleasure.

Samuel Woodworth The Old Oaken Bucket

quote:
You do realize the benchmarks are in a different datum? They aren't always there either. And the coordinates are sometimes off. Use the description whenever possible to aid you in your search for benchmarks.

I used the description as much as possible. I had to work around a very busy intersection which made it difficult.

- GoatSniFFer

"Don't you hate it when the toliet paper rips?"

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

About half the benchmarks I look for are missing, and about three quarters of the benchmarks I otherwise find aren't in the data base. But I look for them anyway.

That moss-covered bucket I hailed as a treasure,

For often at noon, when I returned from the field,

I found it the source of an exquisite pleasure.

Samuel Woodworth The Old Oaken Bucket