Buried Bottle Benchmark

TEAM 360

Check out THIS BENCHMARK

Now how cool would THAT be to find? Of course, if you even could FIND the three markers that are mentioned, you would have to be quite careful to brush away the dirt to see if the bottle was actually there, although it would be a safe bet that after all these years all you might find would be shards of broken glass, if anything at all....

I like to go after the really old ones, and only if they have not been found since they were originally placed...

Anyone got any other "Fantasy Oldies" you would love to find?

There are several old bottle marks along the Oregon and California coast I would love to find. Unfortunately most are in state parks (no digging allowed) and the one you refered to LV1092 is on the Hoopa Indian reservation and digging for anything without permission on Indian lands is not a good idea.

When Capt. Cook sailed up Cook inlet in Alaska, he burried a couple bottles with letters in them along the coast.

I would love to find one of these, but after 200 years and multiple earthquakes, and the fact that the mud has gone up over 100 feet in that time, it is safe to say that the bottles will never be found.

I have tried to locate several old BM's up here, but they are holes drilled in the rock along the shore. Most of these places were burried in the 1964 earthquake. Oldest I have been able to locate is a 1912.