I Found It... Then Trouble Started.

All my life, the number 2 has been trouble for me, even worse than 13. It has affected me in too many ways to list. Geocaching is no exception.

This is a true story.

First, I had gone hunting for two caches. After the first hunt proved unfruitful, I went to the second, hoping to find the BIG ONE! Instead, the second cache was a wild goose chase, with a pesky fence just 60 feet away from where said cache was supposed to be. 2 strikes again!

After a half mile or so into the woods, I stumbled upon my 2nd find ever. It was essentially ruined after water had leaked in. Well, there went the treasure, I thought, and after writing in the logbook and swapping out the feeble offering still in the cache, I turned around and headed back.

After finding a so-called "shortcut", I got lost! I had to hike 5+miles to go back to my start point. Apparently, my entire navigation was upside down that day. Here's a map of my "path".

The map

(I already lodged a "Needs Archived" message for the fenced cache, and a damage report for the leaky one. Don't lodge any more, or you might delay the resolution of these problems.)

Now that I have the Track Log working, this should never happen again. Cache on.