Fugawi Why Have You Done This To Me?

My dad gave me his copy of Fugawi and his old Magellan GPS 315, which btw both worked fine for him. Now when I hooked the gps up to it it says GPS:NONE, yet the program recognises it and downloads wayponts to it! I am confused...it thinks there is no GPS so it wont track over a map but it knows its there and will downlaod and upload waypoints! Any help please? I am flying to Israel on the 8th and I think it would be really neat to see my path.

Niss

Both the GPS and Fugawi need to be set to V2.1. The GPS also needs to have a fix maybe? My Magellan sends no NMEA data at all until it has a fix.

What is the GPS actually sending? You can get freeware utilities that will show you the sentences being sent. Transfer of waypoint data has nothing to do with NMEA as the protocol is different. The fact that this works, but NMEA doesn't strongly suggests that either the GPS is not sending, it is sending the wrong thing, or Fugawi is set to look for the wrong data.

My experience with my GPS320 is that it simply does not exist to other software until it has a lock and the 320 and 315 are the same unit with different basemaps. Other GPSrs I have used have sent data about satalites etc and software has been able to say there is not a lock - this does not happen with the GPS320.

If there is a lock and the GPS315 is set to NMEA 2.1, then the only other problems are Fugawi is not set properly, which it appears it is, or if Fugawi is sending some sort of data - make sure that NMEA Out is turned off.