help please

FDNY260

i am a premium member and have downloaded a gpx file. i have a palm V and downloaded cachmate. i hot sysnced my pda and cachmate is up and running on it. how do i download the gpx file to it. i did the conversion to pda format but have no clue how to get it on my pda. please help

FDNY260

Never Forget 9-11-01

quote:
Originally posted by FDNY260:

i am a premium member and have downloaded a gpx file. i have a palm V and downloaded cachmate. i hot sysnced my pda and cachmate is up and running on it. how do i download the gpx file to it. i did the conversion to pda format but have no clue how to get it on my pda. please help

YOu have one fo the better programs available. You do not need either Plucker or Spinner.

1. Use the CMConvert program that came with Cachemate. I get mine in GPX since it gives me the past logs.

2. Make sure you have hotsync running on your computer.

3 Navigate to the file using My Computer that you created with CMConvert.

4. Double click on it. THis should bring up install dialogue.

5. Hit Done.

6. Now hotsync your V as you normally would. It should install. If not, you do not have INSTALL enabled in HotSync. (Right click the HotSync icon in the task tray. Go to custom. Scroll down to INSTALL. If it does not say enabled, use the CHANGE button.)

Once Cachemate is set up it is the easist program to use with the exception of MobiPocket, which does not have CacheMates features.

Cachemate allows you your own log, past logs, decoding of hints, descriptions, etc. all in one compact little package.

There are some features that are not documented as good as they could be. If you have problems, post them here.

[This message was edited by Baloo&bd on August 28, 2003 at 03:01 PM.]

ok, i tried it and nothing happened, ibstall is enabled. i double clicked on the file i called it test.pdb. it brought up the install box and said next time i sync it would be loaded. i hot synced and nothing happened. i cant find it. i went to cachemate and hit import but no files come up. what am i doing wrong?

FDNY260

Never Forget 9-11-01

If you want to use Plucker and Spinner, here's the quick rundown.

Drag the GPX file into the Spinner icon that's on your desktop. This will 'spin' the files into the format needed for your PDA (HTML files). When that's done Spinner will have created a folder for you called "cache" where you originally drug the file from.

Now go to Plucker and set upa channel (much liek AvantGo! if you've used that) that uses the INDEX file from the CACHE folder as it's starting point.

The rest of teh walkthrough can be found at either the Plucker or Spinner homepages...I'd tell you more but I can't recall all of it.

If you can't get it to work, email me and I'll try to give you better instructions.

I've never used cachemate, but Plucker pages look like regular cache pages and do also give you the last 5 logs.

Ok maybe someone knows how to solve my problems. How can you delet a while categorie at once, without it putting all the caches in the unfiled cat.? Also, how do you merge the files and not end up with several copies of the same cache page each time you merge them ? Objets