Is posting a thread with pics here....

chuxtuff

quote:
Originally posted by Chux:

like it is at the geocaching website?? I have posted some pics on the benchmark page of ones that I've found. You log the find then go back and add pics after completeing the log. Is it like that here too?? Or just how do you add an image to a post here?? Thanks!! Chux

Chux click on the UBB image button and enter the URL address of the photo.

Example:

(http://www.geocaching.com/images/geocaching_logo6.jpg) will give you:

geocaching_logo6.jpg

wavey.gif

"Pi 'r not square, Pie 'r round you dummy!"

quote:

So then, I have to have them hosted somewhere?? There's no server here to upload to?? Thanks again!! Chux

Yes they have to be hosted somewhere so you can link them. But if you've already uploaded them to the benchmark area, then you have no problem, just link to the specific pic you want.

22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

That's a bummer! This is the first board I've posted on that doesn't have it's own image server. I'd be willing to bet there'd be MANY more pics displayed in threads if such services were available. It would be considerably easier too then uploading to some other server then linking to it (imho). O.K. thanks everyone!! Chux

quote:

That's a bummer! This is the first board I've posted on that doesn't have it's own image server. I'd be willing to bet there'd be MANY more pics displayed in threads if such services were available. It would be considerably easier too then uploading to some other server then linking to it (imho). O.K. thanks everyone!! Chux

Hmmm ... I'm active in several online communities, and I know of none that host images for you.

-----

Memory is a prism through which yesterday's light is passed.

quote:

Geocaching.com *does* host images, its just that the ones it host are usaually related to a cache.

What do you want to show a pic of?? icon_confused.gif

13527_100.jpg One of your BM pics.

22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg