Does Anyone Have/use Fugawi Full Version?

ahren

I'm going to be getting a Ipaq and was thinking about going with this software as it seems to be the only way to get a map of central america ($66)> I only have looked briefly at the demo that's out. If anyone has or has used the full version, i'd love to hear your opinions...

ahren

I'm going to be getting a Ipaq and was thinking about going with this software as it seems to be the only way to get a map of central america ($66)> I only have looked briefly at the demo that's out. If anyone has or has used the full version, i'd love to hear your opinions...

ahren

I've been a Fugawi user for 3 years now. I cannot comment on the Central America topos however I can tell you that the software part of it is excellent and it certainly offers all the tools you need to work with maps either their own or any you may want to import and calibrate yourself.

The waypoint/route/track management system is also very good making it easy to import and/or download from other 3rd party software or directly to/from your GPS unit.

Real-time tracking on screen is easy to do as is the exporting of map sections to a Palm PDA. There is also a new feature designed for Geocachers that allows one to click on any map location and it will automatically link you to geocaching.com, give you a list of nearest caches and instigate their import to the Fugawi waypoint file.

Hope that helps you. Cheers, Olar

What Olar said! I have had Fugawi for 2+ years now and really like it. Very powerful, and easy to use. I especailly like being able to download the maps and waypoints to my PDA. Unfortunately, you can't use the Garmin maps with it. You can use any map you can get in .png/.jpg/.bmp form as long as you can calibrate it however.