How To Lead A Women Astray

or What happens when you go caching with a BBC reporter :-)

Did South Downs Epic 1 (GC20A7) cache with Alison Ferns from BBC Southern Counties Radio for a piece for their mid morning program (being broadcast next Tuesday).

Getting to the site took us a little longer than we planned. The cruel would say I misread the map, the more kind would say the GPSr lead us astray :-)

Anyway after a healthy walk (and some not so healthy climbs) we reached the memorial. A thorough search ensued, all captured for posterity by Alison, but we were unable to find the cache :-(

It looks like it may have been removed. We found what looked like it's hidey hole, but no box. Made for an interesting radio piece though.

Sitting down to do the wrap up, it started to rain! Really capped the day off!

Having checked the map, the walk back to the car park was considerably quicker and shorter than the walk out, much to both of our relief.

A fun if fruitless day out.

- Neil.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have an online listening function.

- Neil.

But its the BBC!! ahh maybe because i only have a Black & White Radio Licence :o

The local stations don't have the technology yet. Have seen first hand how much kit it took just to make the 5 (at the time) national stations available, I'm not surprised!

But I understand that the Beeb are working on it.

- Neil.