Mapsource Update Download Problems. Anyone Else?

:lol: I am unable to download this update. The download constantly stops usually under 1MB and says finished. I was able to download 2 of the 10MB one time. I am having no problems downloading other large files from other sources, and one 2.2MB download from Garmin.

Anyone else have this problem, or just my wonderful luck?

Sagar and Skategirl

PS I live in a rural area, a good connection for me is 26K on a 56K modem. Yes it's a pain.

Areyou referring to, the Mapsource 6.1? I was just able to download it wtih no problems (admitedly over a broadband connection). I suspect that perhaps it's a problem relating to your connection. I have had similar difficulties when I was on dial-up. If you have someone who can download it over a high-speed connection and burn it to CD for you, that might be the easiest way...

Edited by tirediron

Some things you can try:

Try downloading via the IE icon on your desktop.

Try closing some other programs.

If you have DSL, do you have too many phones connected to the line? I have just one phone and one DSL modem in my house.

------------------------------------------

In my Napster days i would leave my computer running with Napster ON, and many people complained to me that i cut them off from downloading, where the fault I think was a noisy phone line of mine.