Magellan Topo Software For Sale

Hi,

Is this (link) what you have for sale?

It will work on my gold model?

How much for priority mail shipping to Milbank, SD 57252

Thanks,

gps@wat.midco.net

Yes, the link you provided is exactly what I have. As of now I have no GPS's for sale. I have just been too busy with work to try and find deals on the internet or at local hunting and gun shows on them.

Got it today :blink:

I got to play with it 10 minutes over my noon hour before I had to go back to work.

Just enough time to figure out how to download a "area map" to the gps so I could play with the new map on the gps this afternoon well out and about working :lol:

Great stuff, much more detail. It has all the roads marked, even the new 911 streets and Ave. out in the country.

My town and the small towns around this area are no longer just a dot on the GPS, they have all the roads, parks, river, everything listed on the new downloaded map.

If your thinking about getting a Topo CD for your Magellan this is the guy to get it from.

Factory sealed Magellan CD.

RockyRiver is about giving them away at this price.

Thanks a million!

;)

I've been considering this software but I'm curious - does it include the ability to tell it that I'm starting at 123 S Ash in Anytown, TX and I'm going to 456 N Birch in Nowhere, CA and then create a 'turn-by-turn' route that I can upload to my GPSr?

My main use for the GPSr is on foot in the sticks so the topo detail is the priority but I'd like to be able to use it on the road too.

does it include the ability to tell it that I'm starting at 123 S Ash in Anytown, TX and I'm going to 456 N Birch in Nowhere, CA and then create a 'turn-by-turn' route that I can upload to my GPSr

It's still new to me, but from what I can tell you can use it to create a route.

You view the map on the computer and draw a line were you are going on the road, turn by turn. Then upload the route to your GPS.

Maybe someone that has used it longer can explain it better.. :blink:

Even the lakes that were shown on my built in map are more detailed now.

For example there is one cache in my area (Knight Island ) that is on a small island in the middle of a lake.

My built in map did not show the island in the lake but the Topo map I downloaded to the GPS shows it.

The shore line is better too, there were waypoints I mark along the shore that placed them in the middle of the lake on the built in map. On the new Topo map it shows them along the shore and not out in the middle of the lake.

It's great :blink:

You view the map on the computer and draw a line were you are going on the road, turn by turn. Then upload the route to your GPS.

Maybe someone that has used it longer can explain it better.. :lol:

hrmm, I bought the National Geographic Topo! software and it can do that much. Seems like a good idea until you try it - very cumbersome. :blink: I'm hoping for something more like getting directions from mapquest - enter the to/from locations and it does all the drawing for me.

I may need to buy DirectRoute for that, I guess. Like I said before though, this feature isn't a priority, it'd just be really nice to have.