Placing Multi Caches

I've placed a few traditional caches and it might be time to think about placing a multi . . . .

so . . .

• Does the 0.1 miles between caches rule apply to 'stages' in multi caches ?
  • Can a 'stage' in a multi cache be close to an established cache (ie. within the 0.1 mile limit), even if it's not my own cache ?
  • If I have a series of traditional caches, can I convert them into a multi by adding a 'clue' into each of them and then placing a further, final cache ?

In the last case, I'd make an effort to supply the 'clue' from each cache to every person who has already found that cache to save them the trouble of revisiting them . .

What do you think ?

I've placed a few traditional caches and it might be time to think about placing a multi . . . .

so . . .

• Does the 0.1 miles between caches rule apply to 'stages' in multi caches ?
  • Can a 'stage' in a multi cache be close to an established cache (ie. within the 0.1 mile limit), even if it's not my own cache ?
  • If I have a series of traditional caches, can I convert them into a multi by adding a 'clue' into each of them and then placing a further, final cache ?

In the last case, I'd make an effort to supply the 'clue' from each cache to every person who has already found that cache to save them the trouble of revisiting them . .

What do you think ?

You can place the 'stages' of a multi as close together (or as far apart :- see Tumuli Turmoil :lol: ) as you like. If the quoted co-ordinates on the cache page are not the actual co-ordinates of the final cache, our 'reviewers' will want the actual cache co-ordinates in order to check the 0.1 mile rule. I don't think they check that the 0.1 mile rule is being infringed by the pre-stages, but I stand to be corrected.

There are many examples of 'chain' caches where a number of 'stand alone' caches contain a clue to the location of a final 'bonus' caches. Without wishing to 'advertise', check out the 'Grockles Gumbo' or the 'Hunt for Red October' series. Both series take this format. The final cache is usually called a Mystery or Puzzle cache rather than a multi.

Don't know if that helps......

......... our 'reviewers' will want the actual cache co-ordinates in order to check the 0.1 mile rule. I don't think they check that the 0.1 mile rule is being infringed by the pre-stages, but I stand to be corrected.

...................at the moment that is the way we do it. I believe that, in some cache dense areas of the US, reviewers may check the 0.1 mile rule for each stage of a multi, but that does not yet seem neccesary here.

I have done a cracking multi where one station was just a few feet from an existing cache. If the reviewer had stuck to the 0.1 mile rule for each clue a bril multi, for the views alone, would not have been allowed to fly.

So, post the final co-ords in a NoToR and if the 0.1 is not defiled then great.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers and cache Well,

Eckington