J Dub

Hi everyone! I'm brand spanking new to this sport. I just found out about it 2 days ago while surfing around the internet. It looks awesome and I can't wait to start. I live in Indianapolis, IN. I found a great little spot by my house that would be perfect for a cache. I'll probably hide one there in a couple days. Any tips for a beginner would be apreciated. Thanks! :huh:

-J Dub

When starting out, try to find some easier caches (1/1, 2/2 - traditional sized) just to get used to using your gps and finding caches. Don't start out with the harder ones right away (like I did :blink:).

As the man in the chicken suit said, find a few before you try to hide some - that way you can learn the tricks of the trade and make your first cache extra sneaky! (The second cache I placed has yet to be found - yea!).

And above all - Welcome!!! :lol:

Hi everyone! I'm brand spanking new to this sport. I just found out about it 2 days ago while surfing around the internet. It looks awesome and I can't wait to start. I live in Indianapolis, IN. I found a great little spot by my house that would be perfect for a cache. I'll probably hide one there in a couple days. Any tips for a beginner would be apreciated. Thanks! B)

-J Dub

Please, please, please! Find a few, read the guidelines carefully and think about your cache, cache placement and cache maintenance before getting underway. It really helps us all out if you plan your cache carefully.

That aside. Welcome to the sport. I've got one on Indy's EastSide, "Nesser's Roach Motel" . The rest of mine are in northern Indiana.