Can't Delete My Avatar

Nothlit

Hmm, I've been trying to delete my avatar for the past couple of days but it doesn't seem to be working. I logged out of the forums, went to my profile page, clicked on the "change/edit" link under my current avatar, clicked the "edit this image" link on the Choose Avatar page, clicked on the trashcan icon, clicked "yes" on the confirmation button that came up asking if I really wanted to delete the image. Then I went to the "re-register changes in the forums" page, logged back into the forums, and... the avatar is still here. :D I even waited a couple of days, but nothing has happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Ah, well, I was able to at least change the avatar to a different picture. But it seems apparent that it must not be possible to have no avatar at all. That's too bad.

Edited by Nothlit

You're not really accomplishing anything. Images aren't (as I understand it) deleted form the system when you use the delete option. It just removes it from your list of images. The image file is still on the server.

You can change your image to something else, but I don't think there is any way you can just turn it off. I imagine that someone with admin authority may be able to fix it.