The Future Of Waas

Kerry.

The future of WAAS appears to be starting to look a little grim and is facing budget cuts based on the revised expectation that WAAS will now not be able to provide Cat I performance at many airports. Not working to expectations then no funding and considering the huge amounts of $$'s already spent on WAAS maybe it's a case of not wasting more huge amounts of $$'s for no useful purpose.

LAAS has also hit cuts in funding as this system is also not as mature as the FAA had expected and has gone back into a research and revelopment stage with completion dates now uncertain.

Cheers, Kerry.

Maybe I'll wait on purchasing that 60cs eh?

Why would that make you reconsider the 60? Nearly every model, by every company has WAAS capability. I, for one, don't ever use WAAS. It serves no real purpose, and isn't reliable enough to suffer the processor slowdown while using it.

Don't be too sensitive. That was tongue-in-cheek. If you read any of my previous postings regarding the 60cs, I drool and covet it. FWIW, I own a MeriPlat and opinions vary as much as geographical locations vary. I find WAAS helps me where I'm at... half the time. The other half... I take it with a grain of salt of where I'm at.